After StackMob announced that they are going to discontinue their service, we from apiOmat wrote a python script to migrate your data and schemes from StackMob to our apiOmat BaaS.
On top of that, we also offer you a promo code for getting one month of our medium plan for free :
Read this to learn how to redeem the code.
See below to find a step-by-step guide on how to migrate your data with the script. After the script is finished you can start programming against the apiOmat backend. For tutorials see our documentation.
- Go to SignUp to create a new account on apiOmat. If you already have an account login and create a new app.
- Deploy your app to our cloud by pressing the deploy icon.
- Copy your ‘ApiKey’ from the App-Setup in our dashboard. Take also note of the selected system in the left panel (TEST, STAGING or LIVE).
- Install pip on your system.
- Type ‘pip install import-stackmob-to-apiOmat’ on the command line to install the python script into your system.
- Go to Stackmob dashboard and export your data as JSON zip (Under Data Management->Export data)
- After you received the mail with your data, save them on your hard disk.
import-stackmob-to-apiOmat --ifile= --smKey=<stackmob_publickey> --smEnv=<stackmob_environment> --appName= --apiKey= --system= --userMail= --password= --defaultPwd=<def_pw_for_user>
Explanation of parameters:
- –ifile Insert here filesystem path to the downloaded zip-file
- –appName The name of your app in apiOmat system
- –apiKey The apiKey from the apiOmat system copied in step 3 above
- –userMail Your e-mail address which you used to register in our dashboard
- –password Your password which you use to login in our dashboard
- –system The system (LIVE , STAGING or TEST) where you are going to import your data. (If you have selected the basic plan you can only import into LIVE system)
- –defaultPwd Default password for imported users
- -smKey Your public key for the stackmob app (can be found in your Stackmob dashboard)
- -smEnv [0,1] 0 = Import your development data from stackmob, 1 means import your production data from stackmob
import-stackmob-to-apiOmat --ifile=9339.zip --smKey 12345 --smEnv 0 --appName=ParseImport --apiKey=2234224 --userMailfirstname.lastname@example.org --password=12345 --system=LIVE --defaultPwd=12345
- Can’t import binary files
- No support for relationships, but we working on it
- Can’t import passwords from existing users. The password for existing users would be resetted to given password, because we won’t decrypt passwords from Stackmob users
- Actual no ACL settings will be imported
You can find the source code in our github repository.